Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lots to talk about

Lots of things have been happening since my last blog. Last night we went to my hubby's Long Service Awards Dinner Dance. I don't normally like those kinds of functions, but we had great people at our table and the food was REALLY great (It was at the CTICC). We didn't stay for the dancing afterwards, cause hubby's hip was sore and my feet were killing me (from the killer high heels I was wearing) and also because I needed to run today.

Also yesterday, a new friend arrived to come and live with me, all the way from the USA. Her namie is Faith
and she's a PixieCat. I'll post a pic of her soon, when I get my camera out.

Today, I slept late because of being out late last night at the Dinner, so I didn't do my run early in the morning as I usually do. First we went to run some errands. I got myself a togbag, to take all my stuff to the races etc in. My hubby also wanted to shop for his 'outfit' that he's wearing for the Spar Womens 10km race. All men that want to enter, need to dress up as women. He ended up getting pink tights and an orange wig and he's going to borrow a little pink tutu type skirt from my eldest daugher. On the day I'll take a pic and post it, I LOLed so hard when I saw him dressed up. Taking about the race, I suddenly realized that its this weekend coming up, so I started feeling a bit nervous about it *bites fingernails*...

I did my run on the treadmill later in the day, week 8, day 1, all done & dusted. It went really well.

I also wanted to get another pair of the nice Asics socks that I have, because they fit so well, so I went to the sport shop where I bought them to get another pair and they didn't have any. I was so disappointed. To make matters worse, when I thought I'd just buy some other pair, I discovered that the shop only had those silly 'secret socks' for the ladies. I'm sure some people like them, but I DON'T, I much prefer the ankle socks. I went to another 2 sport shops and they didn't have any ankle socks either so now I'll have to go on the big search to get some somewhere else :(

No comments:

Post a Comment