Thursday, March 31, 2011

I conquered my nemesis

Soooooo, week 7 day 3 is now DONE!!! I amost died doing it, but its done, finished, kaput, klaar....

This session was REALLY hard. During the last minute of the 3rd and 4th 4min runs, I found it increasingly difficult to physically draw breath into my lungs, but luckily my beathing quickly recovered during the 4min walk between the runs. After the session, my legs really felt like jelly and in fact still feel a little jellyish even now, many hours later, my feet were also really sore/burning and still feel a bit sore. In fact this session was so difficult, I'm really beginning to wonder how I'm going to manage from now on as the sessions just get more and more difficult. There's a possiblity that I might end up repeating certain weeks, untill I can manage a bit more easily, but I'll see how it goes.

As this gets more difficult, I'm really beginning to be nervous about my upcoming races. I know I CAN definately finish them, because if worse comes to worse, I can walk most of the way, but I really want to do the best I can and that means running as much of the race as I physically can.

However, giving up is NOT an option so I will keep on going even if I adjust the schedule a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Well done with finishing week 7 day 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Silvr. I'm really glad its over ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so awesome !!!

    Well done!!

    I read somewhere that getting through a diffucult run/workout is more mental than physical!! I wish my legs would just believe me!

    Im VERY proud of you !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Debbie *HUG*

    Thats so true, many of my sessions, my legs want to give up and its only my chanting an affirmation in my head that keeps me going. I usually use "I can do this". I'm pretty proud of myself too LOL

    ReplyDelete