Sunday, March 6, 2011

New schedule

It was so hot on Friday night, that I couldn't sleep so I was thinking about the Spar Women's 10km and the fact that I wouldn't be able to finish my 10km training before I run it. I then had a bright idea - up till now, I have been doing training sessions on Mon/Wed/Fri and giving myself the weekends off, BUT, if I just do training every alternate day, then I can actually fit in an extra weeks training before the race :-) I decided that I was going to do that from today. So today is actually Day 1 of week 4.

Today was walk 5min, jog 8min - repeat X 3. I have to say, that the last 8min jogging stretch required a lot of willpower to get me through it, as I was jogging, I was chanting in my head "I can do this, I can do this". By hook or by crook, I was determined to not fall down on the job by not completing the session correctly. I'm very pleased to announce that the session was completed as designated by a very happy me. It was definately the most difficult session yet for me though.

Then, as I had only had a sandwich for supper last night and because I felt proud of the 'work' that I did, I treated myself to a lovely breakfast at the Fruit & Veg City where we did our veg shopping (hubby had breakfast too of course LOL).

I'm looking forward to Tuesday now so I can do the next leg of 'torture' LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment