Monday, March 21, 2011

Snoring, mosquitoes and other annoying things *SIGH*

This is going to be a big rant, because I'm feeling really ratty and irritable because of severe lack of sleep....

I don't think I have slept well since my hubby and I started sharing a bed, because he snores and I'm a light sleeper. Because he snores (and makes other annoying sleeping noises), I struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep the whole night. Not only does he snore and make funny blowing noises, but he hogs not only the duvet, but the whole bed as well, leaving me with a tiny sliver on my side which makes me fall out of the bed when I turn over. Add to that, the fact that my cat sleeps on the little bit of my side of the bed that I have left. We have endless arguments about these things, but it makes no difference *sigh*

Last night was exceptionally bad, because not only was hubby a snoring, bed hogging monster, but there was a mosquito flying around and dive bombing me every few seconds AND, annoying little showers of rain making a noise on our roof, PLUS the odd thunder and lightning. I LOVE storms, but when they are as annoying as the one last night and when they come when I'm very sleep deprived, then they aren't much fun.

Arrrrggg, if I could get hold of that mosquito, I would become of torturer or note, because thats what she (I believe the ones that buzz and bite are she's) did to me last night. Reminds me of a poem I learnt at school:

Misketejag

Jou vabond, wag, ek sal you kry en jy sal net a bloedkol bly hier op my kamer mure. Deur jou vervlukste gonsery, deur jou gebyt en plaery kon ek nie slaap vir uure. Wag, laat ek my voorstel voor ons skei, voor jy die doodslag van my kry, My naam is van der Merwe.

I'm not sure if there's any more of it and please excuse my afrikaans spelling etc, but this was going back to junior school (and my afrikaans isn't that good) hehehehe

Anyway, at the moment I'm like a dry powderkeg, ready to totally explode at the slightest spark. I could rip people's heads off today if they get on my wrong side and to make matters worse, its an exercise day today, Day 3 of week 6 - I have no idea how I'm going to get through it - and the rest of the day for that matter *SIGH* Yaaaaawwwwwwwwwn

No comments:

Post a Comment