Friday, March 18, 2011

Dead runner blogging *SIGH*

For FLIPS SAKE!!!!! (censored for public consumption - those weren't that actual words I used) Todays session almost killed me, I have no idea how I motivated myself through it exactly as specified but somehow I did. I just thank the Goddess that yesterday I bought myself a USN sport drink to drink after todays session (I actually bought it because I wanted a bottle like that, not because I thought I would need it). I need every calorie, carbs, magnesium, sodium, potassium and any other elements that are in there to recover.

Specs for today (week 6 - day 1) were as follows: Walk 5 mins, 4 x (8min jog/3min walk). Walk 5 mins to finish. Doesn't sound too bad does it but BOY WAS IT!!!

This is where I think I went wrong: First mistake -  yesterday I walked up and down our stairs twice (those of you who have seen our stairs, know they are pretty scarey). The walking down, had me carrying heavy ackward things from my daughters room. Also, our stairs are cluttered with said daughters 'stuff' so its very ackward to walk up and own them at the best of times. After I had done that, I could feel a quite intense pulling in the front of my thighs. It worried me a lot cause I thought it might affect todays session, but during the day it wore off (mostly). This morning my legs seemed okay.

Second mistake - I decided to do my route the other way around, because its said that the camber of the road can affect you if you do the route the same way every time. However, what I didn't realize, is that when done the other way around, part of the route is a quite long, but very gentle incline. Doesn't sound too bad you say, maybe not, but when you're not that fit and jogging, boy it seemed like everest.

Third mistake - on my second walking session, I saw 5c in the road. Now, I have this philosophy that if you see money lying in the road or elsewhere, you should pick it up, because by picking it up, you are telling the universe that you want money to come into your life. Flip, I swear that 5c pieced weighed a TON by the time I had finished my session. On my second round of the route, I saw another 5c and later a 10c and I thought WTF!!! There's no way I'm adding more weight and anyway I don't think I was capable of bending down to pick them up and I think if I had stopped to do that, I probably wouldn't have been able to get myself to start moving again.

Fourth mistake - okay, this one isn't really a mistake, just the luck of nature. There was a bit of a wind today and part of my route I had to run into the wind and it just so happens that that part of the route also happened to be the same part of the route with that flipping gentle incline *SIGH*

I just thank the Goddess yet again, that Sundays session is simply a brisk 30 min walk and I shall cherish every walking 30mins of it.

BUT, I am still living (if only just LOL) and my legs do appear to still be moving (for the time being - lets see if they're gonna stiffen up). I don't think I am yet capable of standing up in the shower LOL so I'll give myself another few stinky minutes before I attempt that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment