Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cirque du Soleil and day 1 of week 7

Last night my hubby and I went to see Cirque du Soleil, courtesy of our children who gave us the tickets for Christmas. What an AWESOME show. I had never had the inclination to go and see the show, but boy am I glad I did.

There is so much going on in every minute. There is the 'main' act doing various different types of 'tricks' but at the same time there are always a few other performers doing all sorts of funny thing around the edges, you almost don't know who you want to watch - scared you might miss something LOL

The acrobatics were fantastic and the performers must have absolutely amazing upper body strength and just strength and fitness in general. I can't imagine how tiring it must be to go through that performance every day. There were so many fantastic acts, but I have to say, two things in the show really stick out for me. One was when there were 4 poles and various performers were doing all sorts of acrobatics on them, then a guy came in, went to a pole, held it with his arms straight and body totally away from the pole and climbed up this long pole using ONLY HIS HANDS/ARMS!!!!! It was spectacular, I couldn't believe he actually did it.

At various times in the show, they got the audience to participate in various ways, which brings me to the second 'stick out' performance. The 'funny' character in the show, after checking out various audience members, chose an older, rather big (not fat, just tall and big built) guy and got him up on stage. He made this poor guy copy him in quite a few ridiculous moves and it was totally hilarious. The guy was very game I must say and got into the swing of it and gave a really good performance himself. *Take a bow, whoever you were - good job*

My mind was totally changed about Cirque du Soleil and I'm VERY glad we got to see the show.

Now, on to day 1 week 7: PHEW, what a workout....

I was pretty worried about this session cause it seemed really hectic - walk 5 mins. 4 x (9min jog, 2 min walk). Walk 5 mins to finish.

Boy, it was hectic AND MORE!!! I'm sure I lost my legs somewhere along the route, cause when I got home I couldn't feel them anymore. My stamina was fine, energywise I could have sailed through the session, but my legs really didn't want to take part. On my FIRST 9 min jog, I was already thinking that I would have to give up, that I wouldn't be able to do this session, but as usual, SOMEHOW, I forced my way through it. Only one slight alteration, after the 3rd 9 min jog, I walked for 3 mins instead of 2, but that was so minor I still consider myself as having DONE the session fully and completely. It REALLY was difficult though and I am seriously worried about how I'm going to get through the remaining sessions, which only get more and more difficult. I SHALL perseve though and hopefully somehow, someway, I'll force my way through it all.

I must say though, that within an hour of completing my session, I'm feeling just fine again, although my legs are feeling a bit uncomfortable. I just hope they won't feel too stiff tomorrow :-(

Wish my luck as I carry on....

No comments:

Post a Comment