Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 4 completed

Wow, the wind is howling today and I knew as soon as I woke up this morning that running outside wouldn't be an option *SIGH*. So it was me and my trusty treadmill for my day 3 of week 4.

In my opinion, there are pro's and con's in connection with the treadmill. On the plus side, I like the idea that I can 'see' the speed and distance that I do but on the negative side, I don't like the 'sealegs' feeling I get when I step off the treadmill after working on it. Also, working on the treadmill is really hot work, whereas outside you sometimes get a bit of a breeze to cool you down.

The funny thing about my treadmill is, that I actually bought it years ago with the intention of using it to get fit, but I never did, it just sat around gathering dust (as I'm sure a lot of exercise equiment does in a lot of other houses). Eventually I tried selling it and I'm now really glad that it didn't get sold.

BUT, I did do my final day of week 4 and it went off really well. In fact on each of the 'legs' of this session, I actually upped the speed, so my last stretch was done at a faster speed than the first stretch.

I'm thrilled with the progress that I'm making and to think that when I first started, I could barely run at all LOL Whats also great is that even though the sessions are getting more strenuous, I'm dealing with them easier. When I started off with this exercise junket in Jan, I was walking around the block - about 12 minutes exercise, now I can easily work for 40minutes. At this point, I could probably do more, but would rather stick to the schedule than risk getting injured and have to put everything on hold.

So 4 weeks down, 8 weeks to go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment