Monday, March 14, 2011

Today's challenge session and a new peanut butter biscuit recipe

Todays session: 20mins brisk walking - 15min jogging - 10min brisk walking. All done and dusted. I must say though, that the last 5mins of the 15mins jogging was pretty hard and my last 10min brisk walk wasn't all that brisk LOL but I DID IT!!!

Now, as promised to some of my friends, the new peanut butter biscuit recipe that I tried yesterday and declared VERY YUMMY!!! A word of warning though, its makes quite a lot of biscuits so if you only want a few, you might want to halve or quarter the recipe. What I like about this recipe, is that its quite healthy, because it has oats, coconut and cornflakes in it. When I try making it again, I might use all bran flakes instead of the cornflakes or even museli instead of the cornflakes. It might be nice with crunchy or honyey crunch peanut butter instead of smooth peanut butter too.

Peanut Butter Biscuits
250g butter/marge
500ml sugar
2 eggs, whisked
125ml smooth peanut butter
10ml bicarbonate of soda
25ml milk
5ml vanilla essence
500ml flour
500ml Jungle Oats instant
500ml coconut
500ml cornflakes

Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
1.       Cream butter and sugar
2.       Add whisked egg
3.       Add peanut butter and mix well
4.       Dissolve the bicarb in the milk. Add essence. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
5.       Mix the rest of the ingredients. Add to the peanut butter mixture. Mix
6.       Form walnut-sized balls. Place on a greased baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork
7.       Bake or 10 – 15 mins until golden brown and done
8.       Turn out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
MAKES APPROX 8 DOZEN BISCUITS

5 comments:

  1. That is practically the exact same recipe as my gran's- where did you get it from? I ask as I'd love to know where my gran got hers from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bron, it was on the side of my Jungle Oats Instant box. I'm not sure where they got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh ok, I was just wondering as my gran's recipe goes back about 20 years and was interested to see where she got it from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Carol, I made these for eats at ritual later.

    I loved the recipe, but I think Im going to try it with more oats instead of cornflakes. I just dont like cornflakes:(

    The basic recipe was amazing, but youre right, it makes a whole lot of biscuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked it Debbie. I'm going to make it with museli next time :-)

    ReplyDelete