Wednesday, February 9, 2011

High blood pressure and all that jazz....

First step to starting the Shape 10km Challenge was to do the health test. The health test is a list of questions and if you answer any of them with a YES, then they suggest you consult your doctor. Well, I had to answer question 6 with a yes, I do have high blood pressure and also have this 'thing' where my heart randomly skips a beat. Both these things are well controlled with medication though.  I also have slightly elevated cholesterol, not high enough for medication though, its controlled by diet.

So, off I go to my doc to have things checked out. He drew blood to check my cholesterol level (I'll get the result tomorrow) and although he thinks I'll be fine for the Challenge, he said rather play it safe, so now I have to go and do an effort ECG tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get the green light and be able to go ahead, I'm sure it will be just fine :-)

I'm really missing my fennel tea, which I ran out of yesterday and none of the shops in walking area of me have any *sigh*. I actually tried green tea instead yesterday.....YUK!!!! Its the most revolting stuff I've ever drunk (although whiskey comes a close second). I barely managed to drink the cup I made ewwwwwww.
Unfortunately I don't drive, so I'll have to wait patiently for the weekend so hubby can drive me to a bigger supermarket that will have fennel tea, or else I'll have to resort to a health shop.

Which reminds me, I still need to have my cup of (normal) tea this morning. I couldn't have anything when I got up as I was gonna have the cholesterol test. So off I go now to have my beakfast and first cup of tea of the day. Wish me luck for my results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment