Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week 2 - Day 2

So its now week 2 - day 2 and I'm still going strong :-) Today was 'walk 35min briskly' and I decided that I was going to walk with a 1kg dumbell in each hand. I've done that before, in Jan when I started exercising and was doing my own thing. However, my own thing wasn't as much as my Shape 10km Challenge puts me up to and walking briskly for 35mins with weights in each hand was a little too much. I didn't suffer badly, but in the last quarter of my walk my arms were aching and the enjoyment had kinda gone out of it. It was a good idea, but I think in future I'll leave the weights behind.

Because I was only walking this morning, I decided to start early as I used to and left the house about 5.45am. It was still pretty dark, but the street lights helped. One of the reasons I decided to carry the weights, was because I worry a bit about being out on my own in the semi darkness when there aren't that many people or cars around. Soon it will be too dark for me to attempt it, but hopefully by that time it will have cooled down a bit during the day, so then I can do my training at any time.

Of course, as winter comes in, my treadmill & inside will just have to do. Running in the howling wind or pouring rain just doesn't do it for me. LOL

I'm getting a bit worried about the 5km Fun run I'm planning to do on 5 March, cause I know that there's no way that I'll be able to run anywhere near 5km's, but I suppose doing a combination of running and walking will be okay. I just hope that I don't injure myself and therefore mess up my training program.

I'm looking forward to Fridays training....

No comments:

Post a Comment