Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 1 of my Shape 10km Challenge completed

Today was day 3 of the first week and its now complete and on to week 2 next week. This morning at 5.30am it was still soooo dark outside and rather windy, so I thought that I would rather do the days session on the treadmill. As I was getting everyone off to work and school, I decided that I really would prefer to do my session outside. I waited till the last one was off to school, then got ready and prepared to do my session outside. It was about 8.05 when I got started and it was heating up but not too bad. All went well, although the 3rd 3min jog was kinda tiring. I'm now going to enjoy a weekend of rest and start afresh with week 2 on Monday :-)

On Tuesday evening, I went with my hubby to his althletics club meeting and joined the club. I got my race numbers but will have to wait for my 'kit' as they are getting new clothing made.

I've decided to give myself some goals to work towards and to that end, I've decided I'm gonna do (or maybe do) the following races:

Saturday 5 March - the Century City 5km Fun Run
Saturday 12 March - the Constantia Village 5km Fun Run
Sunday 20 March - The Capestorm UCT Memorial 10km Race.

I'm definately aiming to do the first Fun Run and see how that goes. If it goes well, I'll do the 2nd Fun Run and if that goes well, I'll attempt the 10km. I'm realistic enough to know that its highly unlikely that I'll be able to run the whole distances, but at least I'll be getting out there. I'll run as much as I can and walk some of the way.

So, thats my plan for March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment