Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Me and my tea

Having got brave drinking all the black, unsweetened herbal teas lately, I decided to try my normal tea black and unsweetened. I'm afraid though that it doesn't have the same allure of herbal teas and I only managed to get through half a mug before adding some sweetner and fat free milk.

I love my tea (normal tea that is) and for me to continue to love it, I actually need to enjoy the taste. When it has no sweetener and no milk, its just yukky - rather bitter and unappetising. So I guess I won't be giving up the sweetner and fat free milk any time in the foreseeable future.

I know that using sweetner isn't that healthy, but as I drink copious amouts of tea during the day, having sugar in it would just be asking for trouble. For the same reason, I use fat free milk. Originally when I started with the fat free milk in my tea, it took a lot of getting used to, but now I can't even drink a cup of tea with full cream milk it it without feeling rather nauseous. If I HAVE to have full cream milk, then it must litterally be just a teaspoonful.

For me, a nice mug of tea is like a haven in a storm, its something to be savoured and enjoyed with relish (not the hamburger kind hehehe). Its an almost mystical experience LOL. It usually takes at least two cups of tea in quick succession in the morning, before I feel like my day has really started. Having tried various teas over the years, I have to say that Glen tea is definately my favorite favorite :-)

So here's to tea in general and Glen tea in particular *raises mug in a toast* Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment