Wednesday, May 13, 2015

13 May 2015

8.31 - *sigh* From yesterday afternoon I've been feeling a bit down and weepy, for no particular reason, maybe things are just getting to me.

Trevor had his second surgery on his neck yesterday afternoon and although I haven't got an update from the doctor yet, it seems all went well and Trevor is doing well.

I also found time yesterday to phone the medical aid to check how things were going on that side and to make sure that the accounts are all being settled with no problems....all seems good.

I took a break from running yesterday, but did 2.07km this morning in 14mins.

13.49 - We had a good visit with Trevor today. He wanted to know how the fish was (He had got some frozen tuna from someone before this, and I told him yesterday that I was cooking some of it for supper). Using the communication board takes some time and effort for him, shaking or nodding his head slightly and spelling out all the words, so I find it very positive that he is asking about things like how the fish was :)  He also asked Matthew if he was running, so I guess now Matthew has to get off his lazy butt and run, cause I'm sure Trevor will keep asking him ;) The amusing thing today though, was the bracelets I'm making for some of those who are doing The One Run in support of Trevor, I have used beads in the TAC (Telkom Athletics Club - his club) colours and I had put in the intials TW. When I showed Trevor a pic of the bracelets today he spelled out TJW and I had to laugh, so now I had to go back to Beads for Africa to buy J's so I can use his full initials as he wanted....its such a typical Trevor thing that :)

17.20 - This afternoon I contacted a driving instructor that was recommended to me so I can find out about driving lessons, but obviously first I have to get my learners licence. He gave me some good advice and now I know more or less how much my driving lessons will cost. I'm hoping to go and book for my learners licence later this week or early next week.

Trevor has said (via spelling out on the communication board) that he won't be comfortable seeing other people until such time as he can talk again, so I ask you all to be patient with us. This is something very traumatic that Trevor has gone though and I won't expect him to do anything until he is okay with it. We do keep passing on your well wishes to him though.

LOL today at visiting hours Matthew got into trouble, because Trevor asked if he is running and he had to say no. Then Trevor asked about the black eyed susan (a plant for those who don't know) so I had to admit that I had forgotten to water it (that has now been corrected, I went out to water it when I got home from visiting).

Trevor is looking good and seems positive which I'm very happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment