Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day Two

 
 
 
Its day two and I've visited Trevor three times today. He seems more alert, a bit more talkative and saying some things that make him sound more like the Trevor we all know and love. This afternoon he told me he was bored, which definately means he's more himself. This evening, I joked with him and told him that this is a pathetic way to try and get out of hanging the new backdoor that we had bought. Matthew then said he would hang the door and Trevor told him 'not to F it up' LOL so he's definately a bit more himself. It awesome how family and friends are all rallying around to keep our spirits up with messages. At the moment only family are allowed to visit him, but when he is feeling better, then more friends will be allowed to visit.
A couple of 'stories' to do with all this. One of our friends that was hiking with them when Trevor fell, was so anxious and upset when she messaged her Mom to let her know what happened, that she actually cracked the screen of her phone. The other thing happened this evening when we went to visit Trevor. The sister at the hospital told me that a man had phoned asking for details about Trevor, but their policy is not to tell anyone information, so she took down his name and number. She told me the man told her that him and his son had been hiking on the mountain when it happened and then I realized it must have been the guy who was apparently below Trevor when he fell, so him and his teenage son had seen Trevor fall past them. When Matthew and Seleste told me about that yesterday, as worried as I was about Trevor, I was VERY concerned for the mans son who had seen what happened, I realized that it must have been traumatic for him and it stayed in my mind, because I thought we had no way of knowing if his son was okay after seeing it, so it was a godsend that he traced the hospital Trevor was in. When Matthew brought me home, he phoned the guy and was able to at least tell him how Trevor was doing and could ask him how him and his son were doing too. They were quite traumatised by it, but I think they will get a bit of relief now they actually could find out how Trevor was and the guy said he will keep in touch with Matthew.
Everything might not always be in any kind of chronological order, because I will probably ramble on about things as I think about them. I at least managed to eat something today, so that was a positive for me.
When this happened, I knew Trevor would never forgive me if I didn't take some pics, so I took some from where I was as they brought him down, I will attach a few of those here. ( I hope the pics show, because its not easy to figure this out)
http://www.netwerk24.com/nuus/2015-05-02-stapper-val-15m-ver-in-digte-mis-op-tafelberg-roete









  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment